Thursday, November 04, 2004
- 750 grams (1lb 9oz) potatoes, peeled
- 500 grams mince/ground beef
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 dessert spoons flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- olive oil
- Peel, chop and boil potatoes until cooked, then drain.
- Mash potatoes with butter and a little milk. Add milk until desired consistency is achieved. I made mine firm enough to have shape but soft enough to spread.
- While potatoes are cooking, finely dice both carrot and onion.
- In a saucepan, add a little oil.
- Add onions and carrots, saute for a minute.
- Add meat, soy sauce, tomato sauce and chicken stock.
- Cook until meat is cook through.
- Add flour a little at a time, stirring well after each addition, to thicken the liquid.
- Pour into an oven proof bowl, top with mashed potatoes and bake in an moderate oven for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.