Goodbye to the old year and hello to the new year of 2012.
This past year has been one of ups and downs. Life has been a struggle but also a blessing.
This past year
- I saw my grandfather pass away
- financial struggles as we continue to learn to live on a salary (it was a blessing also as we could finally budget knowing what our income would be)
- I had to stop running due to an injury of overuse and bad shoe inserts
- conflict in our street, which now seems to be resolved
- weekends away with friends doing something I would never have done before
- a house move at the beginning of the year
- nutrition studies done and finished with the best possible score (99% on one and 100% on another). I now want to continue this line of study, though it will have to wait
- progress in my dyslexic daughters school work
- the offer of a traineeship for my eldest daughter
- and lots more.
I am glad the year happened as I feel that I have learned much from it. I feel that it has given me direction for next year, and the coming years. I feel that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, that I won’t always be stuck doing this, that I can achieve, but that life will still suck some times and pull me down, but I can get back up and keep going. I have friends, I have family, I have God, I have somewhere to live and food on the table.