|Prep time||10 minutes|
A deightfully crunchy yet soft slice that could be served on it's own or with a meal. You could possibly sweeten it up a little and dare to serve it for dessert, as wafers in icecream (minus the cheese of course)
|5||T||self raising flour|
|salt & pepper to taste|
|1||cob of corn|
1. Preheat the oven to 200C
2. Cut the corn kernels from the corn cob. Place them in a mixing bowl.
3. Grate the zucchini. Place the grated zucchini in a piece of cheese cloth and squeeze out the juices. You could also squeeze out the juice with your hands if you want.
4. Place the zucchini, egg, salt and pepper in the mixing bowl, with the corn. Mix well.
5. Add in a tablespoon of flour and mix well. Continue this until you have added in all of the flour and it is well combined.
6. Line a baking tray/cookie sheet with baking paper.
7. Spread out the zucchini mix evenly across the whole of the tray (it should end up being no more then 5mm thick)
8. Cover the top with bread crumbs.
9. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
10. Place in the oven and bake until golden brown on top (approximately 15 minutes but it may be more or less depending on your oven)
11. Cut into squares and serve on their own, with dip, or as an accompliment to your main meal.
- If you have a fan forced oven, you will want to reduce the heat to approximately 180C.
- This recipe is versatile and can be changed to suit. E.g. add in carrots as well, potato (may require longer cooking time), pumpkin, beans
- To make this sweet, as for dessert, add 2 tablespoons of brown sugar to the mix and omit the salt, pepper and cheese