Wednesday, June 23, 2004
Next week is the season finale of Alias.
This week they left it at the cliff hanger of
- wondering if Sloane was a good guy or a bad guy, whose side he was on, if he was actually working for someone or for himself, and why would he be doing that to his long lost daughter (what it will reveal)
- wondering if Vaughan's wife was really a traitor from the beginning or did she actually marry him for love? (most likely a traitor who was a good liar)
- will Sydney now pick up where she left off? Soothing Vaughan's aching and betrayed heart.
- Why did they hook up a heart monitor to Vaughan when they were planning on killing him and left him for dead?
The teaser for next week (the finale) revealed some things but not enough to give away the story.
- What secret has Jack got, that he reveals?
- What did Sloane learn?
- What is going to be the big cliff hanger to keep us waiting for next season.
As you can tell, I like this show.
It is the only show that I watch, once a week, with regularity and enjoy. It is on at the perfect time also. I get home from girl's brigade, put the kids to bed and then settle down to watch TV for an hour before slipping into the land of nod myself.
I enjoy the fight scenes, the many different disguises, secrets and the general show.
I don't care if anyone else doesn't like it, it is my one hour of week when I get to relax in front of the box with no distractions.
As a general rule I like fighting in shows, particularly when it has to do with martial arts. Despite the fact it has been 10 years since I last fought, I still enjoy the sport. One day I plan on getting back into it and introducing it properly to my girls. Maybe I will be able to get a few more trophies, if I am not too old to compete.
I also like dressing up, disguises. I guess I am just a big kid at heart and still like to dress up, trying different looks, like the time I dyed my hair blue and wore a 'little black dress'.
Well I think it is time to leave the fantasy world of bells and balls, dyes and dresses, fists and fantasy behind and get into some pick up and put away, linen and laundry, books and babies, water and windows (car windows).