Wednesday, March 10, 2004
Coconut & Oatmeal Cookies
1 cup of rolled oats
1 cup of coconut (toasted or untoasted, still is yummy both ways)
6 tbsp butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1. Cream sugar and butter together
2. Add egg and vanilla, beat until combined.
3. Add oats and coconut, mixing well.
4. Drop teaspoons of mix onto a tray, allow for spreading.
5. Bake in a moderate oven for 10 minutes.
Note : You can make these into dessert cups if you wish, as they spread out like brandy snaps do when you cook them, and are quite soft upon coming out of the oven. To make dessert cups, place soft cookie on the back of a lightly greased cup and press lightly into shape, then leave to cool down.
Note 2 : To make them more like the cookies you buy in shops, with a firm floury base, then add half a cup of Self Raising flour to the mix and then form into cookie shapes. Bake as per recipe.